Thursday, June 15, 2017

Cheers!

I turned 65 a few weeks ago. My birthday was marked with phone calls and messages, some lovely gifts and the receipt of my pension card (yikes! - that really does make me feel old!)  And a deep sense of gratitude, because unlike some of my dear friends, I'm still here. Still on the right side of the grass, as some of my elderly library borrowers liked to say. Still feeling lucky. So here's to all of us - long may we continue to wake up every morning , to be happy and healthy and enjoying whatever each day brings.


4 comments:

simplestitches said...

absolutely Jan....happy birthday (belated!)

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy birthday.......I'm always happy to have another birthday as you have lived another year and get to experience more of life......

Lynda said...

Happy birthday Jan. I'm not too far behind you :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

A lovely milestone Jan. Happy birthday x